Monday, August 4, 2008

American Teen*


*this is a movie review. this website also does book reviews. for book reviews, check the archives

American Teen is a documentary about life during the senior year of high school. It takes place in 2006.

Megan, the typical popular girl, is facing trouble when her friends turn against her, and also because of a bad thing she did out of revenge.

Hannah is facing the problems of being forced to go to a college where she doesn't want to go, and being pulled away from her dreams in the process. Still tender after a breakup, she needs to get out of Indiana.

Jake is the stereotypical nerd, who has been plagued with a cheating girlfriend, however, he really likes her.

Colin is a basketball star who's rank seems to be slipping as he loses game after game. Will this make a difference when he needs a sports scholarship to get into his dream college?

Mitch is the school hearthrob. "Most girls would give their left...boob to go out with him." (Hannah Bailey) He's an athlete, and he's hot. When he falls for Hannah, the rebel, what will his friends think?

Rated PG-13 for strong language, sexual content, drinking and smoking

PG-13 is an accurate rating!!! for once, an accurate rating!!!

I give this a 2/5, just because I'm not one for documentaries. When I saw it, I didn't know it was a documentary until I got into the theater. If I was the kind of person to appreciate documentaries, it might have merited a 3/5. If you like documentaries, go see it. It's boring, but also a little bit funny at points.


No comments: